A recent opinion came out that held that even though an indemnification provision in a subcontract was unenforceable per Florida Statute s. 725.06, the unenforceable portion is merely
Contractual waivers of consequential damages are important, whether they are mutual or one-sided. I believe in specificity in that the types of consequential damages that are waived should be detailed in the waiver of consequential damages provision. Standard form construction agreements provide a good template of the...
Expert testimony (opinions) - very important testimony in construction disputes. Whether it is a delay claim, an inefficiency claim, a defect claim, etc., expert testimony plays an invaluable role in construction disputes. Construction attorneys work closely with expert witnesses to ensure that an expert helps render...
In a good, recent decision, the Eleventh Circuit in International Fidelity Insurance Co. v. Americabe-Moriarity, JV, 2018 WL 5306683 (11th Cir. 2018), held that Florida Statute s. 57.105(7) cannot be used to shift attorney’s fees in a contractual indemnification clause in...
- VIDEO CONFERENCE CONSULTATION FOR YOUR CONSTRUCTION ISSUE AND COVID-19 CONCERNS
- PROVING AND CHALLENGING CAUSATION UNDER NAMED PERILS PROPERTY INSURANCE POLICY
- THE ARBITRATION PROVISION SHOULD DICTATE WHETHER JUDGE OR ARBITRATOR DECIDES ARBITRABILITY OF ISSUE
- CLAIMS BASED ON MISREPRESENTATION MUST BE INDEPENDENT OF CLAIMS BASED ON A CONTRACTUAL BREACH
- QUICK NOTE: MILLER ACT PAYMENT BOND PRESENTATION
Spread the love